With competitors popping up locally, nationally and globally you need to know what’s going on out there.
A competitive analysis will provide you with:
- A high level view of the players in your industry and how they fall into a segmented landscape
- Details on where your products and services fit into categories vs. your competition
- A comprehensive run down of where marketing and advertising dollars are being spent
- What your customers are saying about your products and the competitions offerings online in blogs, posting boards and review sites
- An analysis of your Website compared with key competitors
- How the competition brands and positions their products
- Growing trends within your industry that you may not be aware of
- A SWOT – Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats analysis
- How long does it take to complete a
Based on how may data points (e.g. online ad spending, retail distribution, product packaging, blog buzz, tag lines, brand/line extensions, etc…) we plan to look at typical project can take anywhere from three weeks to two months. It’s all about how much detail you would like us to gather.
- What type of primary and secondary research
tools are used to help gather findings?
For primary research we’ve done contextual interviews, focus groups and usability testing to gather detailed data from existing and prospective customers. We also work to sort through secondary data that’s already out there in the marketplace such as reports from big consulting firms, analytics from Google and even annual reports that provide details on where companies say they are heading in the next 12-24 months.
For more on our Competitive Analysis services feel free to contact us with any questions.